Senior Manager - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Published: Tuesday, 14 September 2021 11:40
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary
The Senior Manager – Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery is responsible for the development and ongoing management of the WestJet’s business continuity and disaster recovery programs. This includes engaging with business units and partners to promote the importance of these critical programs as well as assist them in developing and maintaining their Business Continuity plans (BCP) and ensure alignment between BCP, Cyber Security Incident Response, Major Incident Management, Crisis and Emergency Response, internal and external communications and our Disaster Recovery capabilities and plans.
The role also ensures alignment of business unit plans with disaster recovery capabilities, coordinates BCP/DR tests, and prepares performance and benchmark status reports. This role is also an active member of WestJet’s Incident Command Group.
- Leads, develops, and markets the BCP and DR programs on behalf of WestJet;
- Directs the development and maintenance of business continuity plans and strategies;
- Coordinates recuring Business Impact Assessments (BIAs) across WestJet based on criticality of business capability.
- Carries out gap analysis on current vs target state business service continuity and project manages all remediation activities
- Provides business and technical guidance as it relates to business continuity and business impact analysis;
- Provides direction, consultation, guidance and assistance to business units to ensure information related to continuity plans is captured, reviewed and maintained;
- Provides updates to leadership on the status and performance of the BCP program ;
- Keeps well-informed of current business continuity planning strategies and regulatory requirements; liaises with the regulatory bodies on BCP status and plans;
- Promotes the business continuity program through training, simulation and awareness campaigns and relationships built with business units;
- Coordinates maintenance of business recovery facilities and procedures;
- Established metrics on cost of disruption
- Coordinates, coaches, and participates in business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management exercises; and
- Is active contributing member of the Incident Command Group, providing leadership and coordination of response activities when required.