IT Service Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 14 September 2021 11:55
Location: UK, national
Organization: Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 4th October 2021
As the IT Service Continuity Manager you will help to define standards, controls and assurance for IT Service Continuity planning and execution across the DVSA, ensuring that there are clear plans for service recovery in the event of a major incident. You will helping to coordinate the DVSA’s annual IT Service Continuity tests ensuring these are undertaken, documented appropriately and reports on the risks associated with any deviations from the test plan.
You will work with key Suppliers as well as internal teams in order to ensure that they are delivering appropriate IT Service Continuity in order to support critical DVSA services. The role supports the assessment of business critical systems and works collaboratively with the DVSA Business Continuity Team to ensure that IT Service Continuity and Business Continuity plans and tested and aligned.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency work on high-profile digital products used by millions of people every year. To make an even greater impact we are expanding our team and we need your skills to keep us at the forefront of technology.
Digital-first vision is underpinned by a clear strategy which allows our staff to develop and grow. There’s never been a better time to join the DVSA!
Include but not limited to:
- Work with the Head of Digital Availability and Continuity to Update, improve and present the IT Service Continuity Test Schedule to the Business Continuity Team and any related Governance Boards for agreement.
- Coordinate the delivery of the IT Service Continuity Test Schedule for the year using risk profiling and strategic objectives to inform prioritisation where needed.
- Review change proposals for DVSA to ensure that IT Service Continuity arrangements are included and tests are planned as part of the process.
- The IT Service Continuity Manager will help to develop and embed increased knowledge and experience which will be integral to on-going monitoring, continuous improvement, testing and exercising.
- Identify and record risks associated with the tests and make these visible to all Parties.