Business Continuity Technical Consultant
- Published: Tuesday, 21 September 2021 06:51
Location: US, MI, Lansing
The Business Continuity Technical Consultant is an integral role within the Jackson Business Continuity Team. This role will support the objectives of the Business Continuity program by providing technical and strategic expertise and will help ensure that the overall program is developed using a risk-based approach. This will include assisting in the development of the Business Continuity program in a way that follows the Jackson Business Continuity Strategy and ISO 22301 Standard.
The Business Continuity Technical Consultant will assist with Business Continuity program design, development, training, implementation, and oversight across all business units including but not limited to business impact assessments, recovery strategies, business continuity plans, testing, and approvals. Additionally, the Consultant will develop expertise on the Business Continuity Vendor software and assist with data management, ongoing enhancements, maintenance, and user training.
- Team player that collaborates across Corporate, Business and Technology to ensure consistent planning exists. Ability to develop or enhance existing relationships that help support the program goals.
- Develops system expertise with the BC Planning Software. Ability to configure, test and implement system enhancements and manage the data to ensure consistency.
- Ensures the appropriate maintenance and testing of the Jackson Alerts notification system.
- Helps establish best practices and processes which ensure that the Business Continuity program remains current and aligns with industry standards such as ISO 22301.
- Serves as subject matter expert to the business units on all aspects of the business continuity planning life cycle. Ensures that necessary plan reviews occur as scheduled and Business Continuity Plans remain current as business changes occur.
- Identifies contingency planning responsibilities and works with the appropriate team to develop and document strategies that address systems, infrastructure and various business areas.
- Executes an effective Business Impact Analysis process that captures critical processes, identifies dependencies and quantifies the impact of an outage. Ensures that effective recovery strategies are developed for each process and included in testing.
- Supports the Incident Response process by providing technical support, using established resources and leadership throughout an incident.
- Facilitates training and awareness activities by developing materials and providing coordination to ensure business continuity teams are proficient and able to execute on their plans should an incident occur.
- Performs on call duties and assists in monitoring events.
- Supports the team by developing data analytics and KPI's that can be used to track performance. Effectively presents key information through graphs, info graphics and other means.
- Effectively communicates with leaders across the organization day to day and throughout to ensure awareness and understanding of information.
- Provides support for the Business Continuity Intranet site and other recurring communications.