Business Continuity Manager – Disaster Recovery
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 08:06
Location: UK, Warwickshire
An exciting full time opportunity has arisen for an accomplished, Midlands based Business Continuity Manager within the Risk Division, to lead the effective management of Business Continuity (BC) and Operational Resilience (OR) and oversee the Group Disaster Recovery (DR) programme in IT.
- Leading a team to investigate, challenge, negotiate and advise on the approach to BC, OR and Disaster Recovery and highlight areas of concern outside risk appetites with recommendations for improvement to stakeholders in line with Group policies and procedures, market best practice and regulatory requirements
- Designing, planning and delivering BC exercises on departmental and group wide BC plans
- Training all levels of incident managers and BC planners on a 1:1 basis or through training forums
- Understand and manage our third party BC / DR risks with Business Relationship Managers. Escalate to NFUM executive management when issues are identified that may adversely impact the NFUM risk profile or breach risk appetite to ensure the impact on the risk profile is understood
- Oversee the analysis of risk data (including lesson learnt reviews) in order to produce meaningful and timely Management Information to governance committees and the executive management to identify and manage BC / DR risk trends across NIMFUM; and then work with senior stakeholders to build strategies and develop processes in order to mitigate the impact on the organisation
- Define the Group’s BC, Incident Management (IM) and DR policies and risk frameworks so they are in line with current regulations and best practice; and monitor and oversee the maintenance of an enterprise wide exceptions register to policy compliance
- Provide expert technical advice, support and assurance to senior stakeholders, individuals and data owners in their responsibilities and obligations under the ISO 22301 and FCA / PRA standards to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance with relevant legislation and best practice.