Business Continuity & Data Protection Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 08:10
Location: UK, Glasgow
Company: Network Rail
As a Business Continuity & Data Protection Manager you will develop, implement, manage and review the Business Continuity plan for Scotland’s Railway through engagement with its key stakeholders.
You will be the business lead and specialist in all matters relating to business continuity planning, project management and business impact analysis (in collaboration with the risk team and the Network Rail business continuity plan/ strategy). As well as supporting the development and delivery of GDPR and Data Protection requirements in Scotland’s Railway with key stakeholders i.e. Risk, Assurance, Legal. In addition to this, you will line manage, support and develop a business continuity resource.
- Lead delivery and co-ordination of Business Continuity Management (BCM) activities for the Region including development, maintenance and; continuous improvement of processes to manage Business Impact Analyses and Business Continuity plans.
- Identify and communicate the regions Data Protection and GDPR risks and requirements.
- Lead the delivery of an exercise programme to validate the regions arrangements and confirm they are fit for purpose.
- Manage the ongoing governance and assurance activities to enable the Region to be compliant with the BCM policy and standard.
- Facilitate the promotion of BCM within the Region through influencing key stakeholders, and communicating the internal and external policies, processes and regulatory requirements, and use this to drive behavioural change and embed BCM into business processes.
- Develop and drive a security focused culture based around GDPR and Data Protection throughout the Region.
- Manage the development and delivery of Data Protection and GDPR processes and activities aligned to company polices and standards prioritising those associated with the Region’s specific risks.
- Support the Region’s leadership team and the business as the Subject Matter Expert for Data Protection and GDPR, working in collaboration with the Legal team.
- Work with the Risk and Assurance team to identify risk, controls and manage the related assurance activities, and report these to the Region.
- Lead and manage security and systems related activities such as the Local Systems Steering Group. Security Champion activities and liaise with other functions as required.