Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 08:15
Location: US, NC, Mooresville
The primary purpose of the Business Continuity Analyst role is to be a key driver of the Lowe's Business Continuity Program, which seeks to ensure that Lowe's is prepared to both effectively and efficiently respond to emergencies, crises, and continuity events. This includes applying a multi-disciplinary approach to work with domestic, Allied and/or international businesses to develop, implement and maintain business continuity capabilities, with a focus on minimizing negative impacts to the company's people, processes, infrastructure and technology. The role also supports the Lowe's Crisis Support Team and the Crisis Management Team during live events. This role is critical to ensuring successful and proactive crisis management to avoid severe damage or harm to the enterprise.
- Executes the Business Continuity Lifecycle at Lowe’s by conducting Intelligence Gathering, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, Dependency Mapping, Business Impacts Analyses, facilitating business units in developing Continuity Plans and Playbooks, performing functional testing of plans, and preparing After-Action Reviews and tracking t resolution of remediation tasks.
- Builds productive partnerships and trust with other key resilience stakeholders across the enterprise – IT Disaster Recovery, Emergency Command Center, Global Security, Information Security, Asset Protection, Human Resources, and Operations.
- Establishes working relationships with key stakeholders to drive the development and maintenance of departmental continuity plans, and support plan testing and improvement. Develops an understanding of business operations, processes and strategies that require business continuity capabilities.
- Supports team efforts to ensure that IT application specific Business Impact Analyses are conducted, recovery tiers are defined and updated in support of IT DR objectives.
- Provides Business Continuity support for IT Disaster Recovery exercises from planning through to execution and, post exercise, gap analyses and remediation resolution.
- Executes multiple projects simultaneously involving many internal and external stakeholders at all s. Plans and prepares for the delivery of stated commitments on time and efficiently while focusing on value-added outcomes for the company.
- As needed and directed, supports Emergency Command Center operations, supporting severe weather preparation and response activities in Supply Chain, Merchandising and Stores and the After Action reviews post-event and post-storm season.
- Conducts assessments on Third Party vendors and their ability to maintain and/or recover operations based on the criticality defined by Business Impact Analyses.
- Supports the implementation of the Business Continuity Training Program to build awareness of the Business Continuity Framework, and roles and responsibilities for business continuity activities across Lowe’s business units.
- As needed and directed, provides administrative support to Lowe’s Crisis Support Team, Lowe’s Enterprise Resilience Steering Committee, and IT Disaster Recovery as directed.
- Supports the creation, implementation, testing and execution of crisis and continuity incident response plans.