Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 08:19
Location: US, Remote
Zoom is currently seeking a Manager of Business Continuity to join its team. The Manager of Business Continuity role is responsible for developing, implementing and leading the strategies, operational and tactical plans to ensure the continuous improvement of Business Continuity Management (BCM) across Zoom businesses and all functions globally. This leader will support the CISO and Zoom’s Business Resilience Team through ensuring business continuity plans are in place and by collaborating across teams globally.
This position will also act as the key business partner in crafting and supporting functions in developing a BCM metrics, awareness program, supervising/conducting drills/exercises and delivering training including providing standards, policies, plan templates and training materials.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Business Resilience. The ideal candidate will be an expert in their field with a proven ability to design and implement a best-in-class resilience product worldwide.
- Responsible for all aspects of the organizations Business Continuity Management Program (BCM) which includes the design, implementation, continual assessment and improvement of business continuity plans to ensure all core functions of the Company continue until normal operations/facilities are restored.
- Working with the various lines of business and corporate functions to conduct Business Impact Assessments (BIAs) and drive the development of robust business continuity plans (BCP) that include contingency planning for loss of people, loss of facilities, technology, and vendor dependencies.
- Develop comprehensive and integrated exercises to test and update BCPs on a regular basis. Works with other teams to ensure Business Continuity risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, and reported. Serves as a primary liaison with internal and external auditors and federal regulators.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and subject-matter expertise on crisis management planning and execution.
- Establishes and proactively manages a sound business continuity framework (governance processes, policies, procedures, and best practices) to keep the BCM program components aligned, current, relevant, actionable, auditable and ensures all plans support business resumption within approved recovery time objectives (RTO’s) and recovery point objectives (RPO’s).
- Identifies most severe risks to the enterprise and details business impact. In collaboration with line of business and IT leaders, determines systems, business units and personnel which are most crucial to support core operations of the Company.
- Gains support from departmental leadership on BCPs.
- Develops appropriate communications for various audiences in support of the BCM program. Establishes reports, dashboards and scorecards on the operational status and maturity of the program.
- Regularly conducts comprehensive business continuity exercises to assess plans and proactively identify weaknesses. Documents and reports on results of exercises. Closely partners with business and IT leaders to remediate weaknesses and conducts follow up testing to ensure appropriate outcomes.
- Effectively manages assigned program staff by establishing clear goals and objectives. Provides staff with clear, concise direction and provides regular performance feedback throughout the year. Anticipates and identifies issues inhibiting the attainment of assigned goals; develops and implements corrective actions. Identifies and encourages development opportunities