Crisis, Business Continuity and Operational Resilience Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 08:25
Location: Canada, ON, Markham
Aviva is currently looking for a new team member to work with the Senior Manager of Corporate Security and be responsible and accountable for crafting and implementing the organization’s approach to crisis management, business continuity and operational resilience, ensuring that it is fit for purpose and addresses the key risks of crisis and business disruptions.
In this role, we will need you to develop a sound approach to business continuity and operational resilience for Aviva Canada working within the risk and controls framework, balancing the needs of the business and Group Standards.
During a crisis, you will have accountability for crisis and incident response through the coordination of business activities, decision making and the appropriate engagement of senior leaders and executives.
- As the local subject matter expert, interpret Business Continuity and Operational Resilience regulations, legislation, publications, policies, rules, and guidance and effectively incorporate the same into our strategy and plans along with education for key partners.
- Responsible for supporting the creation and maintenance of sound crisis response and BCM contingency/operational resilience plans for our company.
- Develop BCM/resilience roadmap for key functions across our business, applying Group Standards as a minimum requirement. The roadmap will drive objectives, strategies, and metrics consistent with overall Aviva Canada operational strategies/goals.
- Establish process/procedures, cost analysis and controls in partnership with key partners.
- Coordination of and support for business continuity planning across recovery teams to sustain critical services in the event of a crisis.
- Design, implement and lead coordinated business continuity exercises annually at a minimum.
- Maintain, manage, and distribute Aviva’s Incident and Crisis Management Plans.
- Lead the Incident Management Teams, taking an active role during a crisis or business continuity event by activating the appropriate response plans, gathering information to support management’s decision-making and coordinating the response.
- Support internal and external audit requests to assess compliance.
- Engage in risk and committee meetings as required to provide direction and consult on key risk items.
- Act as the lead in Group global initiatives relating to crisis response, business continuity management and operational resilience