Head of Operational Resilience & Risk Division
- Published: Monday, 11 October 2021 12:26
Location: UK, London
Organization: Bank of England, PRA
The Head of Division is responsible for setting the strategy for the division in the context of the directorate and the PRA’s strategic priorities. They are responsible for effectively communicating the strategy to staff and ensuring delivery through the team. The Head of Division is capable of being a thought leader in their field, demonstrating strong analytical skills and willing to challenge established thinking. They engage with and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders at the highest level. They are responsible for leading their own team, and operating as part of directorate- and Bank-wide Senior Management groups to set and deliver our objectives. Depending on experience, skills and interests, a Head of Division will very likely contribute to a topic of cross-Bank interest, building their network and credibly representing their directorate.
PRA Heads of Division are people management roles. You will be expected to lead in a manner which is human, humble and in step with the changing world, fostering a kind, inclusive and curious environment for discussion. You will be responsible for day-to-day management of the team and for defining roles and responsibilities. You will develop your team through sharing information effectively, coaching and communicating a clear vision to ensure that your staff are productive, engaged and motivated to deliver the area’s aims. This will include setting clear goals and smart, stretching objectives that are aligned to those of the team, division and directorate. You will also be responsible for managing all staff-related matters that may arise including diversity & inclusion and performance.
The Head of Operational Resilience & Risk Division will lead the PRA’s work on operational resilience and risk.
- Working closely with other parts of the Bank, the FCA, the NCSC and HM Treasury to achieve the strategic objective on operational resilience;
- Implementing an effective supervisory programme for operational resilience delivering the policy the PRA has set out;
- Enhancing the financial sector’s resilience through exercising and developing the UK financial sector authorities approach to building resilience in the sector through the Cross market Operational Resilience Group (CMORG);
- Ensuring the Authorities Response Framework (which the UK financial sector authorities use to manage major operational incidents affecting the sector) operates effectively and maintains and enhances it capability to co-ordinate responses to future operational incidents;
- Delivery of operational risk assessments for PRA firms which identifies their key operational risks and incentivises improved op risk management, and appropriately capitalises the sector for operational risks.