Emergency Management and Continuity Specialist
- Published: Monday, 11 October 2021 12:30
Location: US, MI, Ann Arbor
Organization: University of Michigan
The University of Michigan, Division of Public Safety and Security (DPSS), Emergency Management serves the community by preparing for, protecting against and responding to a broad range of emergencies that could impact our people, operations and environment. The Emergency Management and Continuity Specialist assists in supporting and coordinating a comprehensive all hazards approach within the University of Michigan’s 19 schools and colleges, divisions, business and service units, independent centers and institutes, as well as auxiliary operations, which include Athletics, Student Life and Michigan Medicine. This position will be physically located at our Ann Arbor campus. The Emergency Management and Continuity Specialist maintains strategic partnerships both internally and externally and will be expected to engage regularly with faculty and staff, community, state and federal partners to further enhance protection, prevention and preparedness efforts.
- This position is responsible for assisting and coordinating “all hazards” emergency planning, preparedness and operational resiliency at the Ann Arbor campus as well as providing subject matter expertise support and guidance to university units.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Prevention including risk assessment and analysis;
- Preparedness including the development and management of projects, programs, plans and procedures
- Response including coordination, liaising and EOC activation;
- Recovery including physical, fiscal and operational;
- Mitigation including hazard vulnerability analysis and resource planning;
- Program coordination across the enterprise, maintaining a uniform, integrated approach;
- Partner and liaise with internal and external stakeholders and committees.
- Development of information and materials that inform senior leadership.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training and exercise programming for the university community.
- In the event of an emergency this position will be expected to be available for support; including activation of the university Emergency Operations Center (EOC) .
- Other duties, as assigned.