Senior Business Continuation Advisor
- Published: Monday, 11 October 2021 12:34
Location: US, TX, San Antonio, TX, Plano or Remote
Guides and facilitates the identification, analysis, development, implementation, management and oversight of crisis management strategies, process improvement and industry best practices associated with existing and emerging business interruptions by appropriately identifying the risks and ensuring adequate risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans are designed and in place to protect employees, resources and critical third party. Facilitates training, exercises and tests and provides guidance and oversight to all CoSAs to ensure adherence to USAA’s business continuity policy, standard and procedures.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Applies industry knowledge of the financial services industry and business continuity and resiliency requirements, policies, laws, and regulations to daily work.
- Coordinates, gathers and analyzes data trends and responds accordingly to multiple lines of business and/or Enterprise specific business continuity and resiliency trends, requirements and requests.
- Performs research, analysis and reporting to identify, resolve, and explain complex cross-CoSA business continuity and resiliency issues, gaps and incidents. Gathers information to support business analysis, resolve issues, gaps and incidents, and identify points of escalation.
- Advises the business on how to strengthen and manage their business continuity and resiliency program to ensure alignment and integration with the Enterprise Business Continuation Program, Legal and Risk and Compliance.
- Plans, executes and oversees business continuity, resiliency and recovery exercises for multiple lines of business and/or the entire Enterprise covering life safety, business interruptions, critical suppliers and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Identifies operational gaps and potential business continuity and resiliency risks and in partnership with the business and other stakeholders recommends solutions to improve operational processes and applications to close gaps and mitigate risk.
- Ensures all internally developed, and commercially available business applications meet or exceed business continuation standards and include adequate and measurable controls.
- Performs critical business operations or systems applications, processes, procedures, and incident remediation action plans to ensure appropriate escalations in support of business disruptions or other business continuity related matters.
- Assists the business with translating business continuity and resiliency related control deficiencies into actionable plans and provides recommendations to minimize business continuity and resiliency risks and strengthen the overall control environment.
- Reviews business documents and forms to ensure compliance with enterprise business continuity policy and regulatory and legal requirements. Guides the business, Compliance, Risk Management, Audit Services, and Legal on strategic and tactical responses to internal and external audit questions and analysis.
- Serves as a liaison between the line of business, staff agencies and the Enterprise Business Continuation Program.
- Prepares executive level communications and after-action reports for senior management.