Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Monday, 11 October 2021 15:46
Location: Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia
Company: CCEM Strategies
CCEM Strategies has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented leader to join its team as a Business Continuity Specialist.
As a leader within a team of driven professionals, you will deliver customized, innovative and comprehensive continuity and emergency management solutions to CCEM’s clients in public and private sector industries.
You are a planner, facilitator, and exceptional communicator. As Business Continuity Specialist, you’ll use your extensive expertise and client relations skills to build trust with clients and deliver programs, plans, training, exercises and other solutions to help them prepare for, respond to and recover from incidents.
- Provide expert guidance to clients on business continuity and emergency management industry standards, best practices and regulations;
- Perform reviews and assessments of emergency and continuity programs across a wide range of private and public organizations;
- Conduct gap analyses against industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301) and/or regulation;
- Design and support implementation of comprehensive emergency and continuity management programs, in accordance with industry standards, best practices and regulations;
- Coordinate and conduct business impact analyses; identify and analyze critical business processes; develop and document strategies and workarounds;
- Develop and enhance complex, customized business continuity plans for clients under various jurisdictions and authorities;
- Deliver tailored business continuity management approaches and methodologies for clients; develop processes, tools and guidelines aligned to relevant industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301, ISO31000) and best practices to ensure effective and resilient enterprise-wide business continuity capabilities;
- Design and facilitate business continuity training, workshops and operational, functional response exercises. Prepare timely reports to accurately reflect the outcome of exercises and learnings to drive continuous improvement for clients;
- Facilitate post-event debriefs with clients;
- Implement effective project management strategies and approaches;
- Contribute to efficient ongoing project management and ensure successful execution and completion of both small and large-scale projects;
- Perform technical writing functions that includes editing programs, plans and reports, and writing at the appropriate level for the target audience;
- Mentor emerging professionals, share knowledge and lead by example; modelling CCEM’s values: Excellence, Enhancement, Client Focus and Care;
- Support proposal development for current and potential clients;
- Travel as required, including to client sites and/or to participate in training and exercises.