Business Continuity Administrator
- Published: Monday, 22 November 2021 09:16
Location: Canada, Various Locations
Company: Wawansea Insurance
Working under moderate supervision, the Business Continuity Administrator will support all aspects of the enterprise wide Business Continuity program and responses from the Crisis Management Team. This role will assist in developing, documenting and testing business continuity and crisis management strategies that comply with applicable regulations and aligns with Wawanesa’s strategic plan.
- Assists in the development of our Business Continuity plans and procedures.
- Coordinates the review, maintenance and testing of our Business Continuity plans, working with business leaders to ensure these plans remain valid.
- Works closely with all business units to identify critical processes, systems and tasks to develop recovery objectives and priorities.
- Assists in conducting business impact assessments to identify Business Continuity requirements and plan enhancements.
- Prepares and distributes exercise reports and monitors status of action items.
- Coordinates the review, maintenance and testing of the Incident Response plan working with the Crisis Management Team to ensure the plan is valid
- Maintains up to date information detailing the status of all Business Continuity plans and preparedness.
- Prepares regular status updates for presentation to the Business Continuity Steering committee.
- Contributes to promoting company awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements.
- Coordinates the use of emergency communications and messaging through our Emergency Notification system.
- Develops continuity scenarios and plans for critical processes.
- Coordinates, assesses and communicates requirements associated with business impact, continuity and recovery.
- Assists in creation of development of a formal Business Continuity training and awareness program.
- Provides 24x7 on call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.