Sr. Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Monday, 22 November 2021 12:53
Location: US, Rochester, NY
Organization: University of Rochester
An experienced business continuity management professional whose responsibilities are focused on providing expertise advisement and support to management and business functional areas in developing and maturing the business continuity management program through pre-planning, planning and continuous improvement in response to business interruptions
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently provides direct consultative support to business functional areas based on UR standards and industry best practice for business continuity management. Performs business impact analysis (BIA), application impact analysis (AIA) and facility-based risk analysis according to established business continuity risk management practices.
- Evaluates and determines criticality and risks business areas through business impact analysis (BIA), application impact analysis (AIA) and facility-based risk analysis according to established business continuity risk management practices.
- Facilitates in-person workshops with departmental leadership and other stakeholders to process map critical business functions, normal business processes, workflows, recovery, downtime, processes and strategies.
- As subject matter experts, develops and provides business continuity education and awareness content to ensure labor pool resiliency.
- Business Intelligence including gathering including gap analysis and process improvement related to program. This is achieved through consultation, analysis, remediation recommendations and other project support outside of formal workshops according to organization and department needs.
- Data and analytics for business continuity: documents and translates data gathered through workshops and other methods into consumable information for the business continuity program and executive leadership. Creates meaningful reports for use across all levels of the enterprise.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and other documentation. Maintains related documentation for business continuity application tool, including application manual, end user manual, University IT Knowledge Base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or business continuity required. 7-10 years of experience in business continuity required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong working knowledge required of HIPAA, Joint Commission and other regulatory and accrediting business continuity controls relevant to UR and URMC and affiliate. Business continuity certification (BRCI, DRI, ISO or equivalent) required as well as certifications in FEMA ICS 100, ICS 200, IS 700 and IS 800.
Job ID: 233123