Head of Business Continuity Management
- Published: Friday, 14 January 2022 08:34
Location: Multiple locations (UK, US,Singapore)
Company: S&P Global
Seeking a knowledgeable and energetic Business Continuity Specialist with excellent business continuity management / disaster recovery / crisis management experience, to develop, maintain and manage the business continuity program of S&P Global Platts expanding global business. The job holder will liaise extensively with all business operations, combining efforts into a single business continuity plan and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and S&P Global’s overall Risk Management requirements.
As a business continuity SME you will ensure effective controls are in place and support all activities necessary to enable S&P Global Platts to respond to a business disruption.
This is a very challenging role within a thriving and dynamic environment and will require coordination across teams in USA, EMEA and APAC. The Business Continuity Specialist will report directly to the S&P Global Platts Head of Business Operations.
- Update BCM policies and procedures
- Build a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to assess internal and external threats and the risk they pose to the S&P Global Platts and recommend mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate identified risks
- Develop an enterprise-wide BCM strategy leveraging existing efforts and best practices
- Ensure that all potential business risk factors are considered (loss of access to primary office, transport disruptions, IT failures, data loss, cyber-attack, reliance on 3rd party vendors, key personnel, etc.)
- Drive and develop the content of BCM plans and documentation for core operational areas which includes, business resumption, recovery, restoration and disaster recovery plans that allows for business continuation in the event of disruptions or disasters
- Communicate the BCM plans to all relevant stakeholders for signoff
- Provide education and awareness to all individuals as to the importance of effective business continuity plans and their role in the event of a disruption to business operations
- Provide overall governance and direction setting of the program on an ongoing basis
- Drive the delivery of BCM plans to an agreed timeframe
- Coordinate the activities amongst various BCM work streams and liaise with their BCM counterparts in other divisions
- Work closely with technology teams to ensure their disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications are consistent with the plans developed for BCM
- Provide support in the event of a business disruption to manage the response coordination and communications
- Coordinate BCP testing program and actively participate in testing scenarios
- Document any issues experienced and lessons learned in a business disruption / test and track the progress to resolve open issues
- Ensure that BCM plans are developed to maintain and/or restore business processes within required timescales following interruption to, or failure of, critical business processes
- Assist with the companies governance structure for crisis management & continuity planning
- Escalate risks and coordinate mitigating responses
- Develop status reports on location continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary
- Provides leadership and advice to assist other departments with BCM budgets and activities
- Ensure compliance with evolving regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Provide subject matter expertise on BCM to include appropriate legal and regulatory requirements
- Propels other similar facilities programs for occupant health and safety (evacuation drills, coordination of exit plans, and similar)
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.