Principal Adviser Emergency Management and Business Continuity
- Published: Friday, 06 May 2022 07:44
Location: New Zealand, Wellington
Organization: Department of Corrections
- Provide strategic direction for Emergency Management and Business Continuity
- Lead a high performing team of Senior Advisers and Advisers
- Dynamic and exciting role - Wellington based, with flexible working available.
As the Principal Adviser Emergency Management and Business Continuity you will be leading a small team of emergency management professionals and working at the strategic level to ensure the policies, frameworks, and implementation programme are in place to support the delivery of good outcomes across the entire corrections network; in corporate settings, prisons, and the community.
You and your team will provide expert advice to senior and executive leaders and direct the on-going development of the Department's Emergency Management and Business Continuity capability, including training, planning, exercising and conformance with Protective Security Requirement GOV10.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction and guidelines for emergency management and business continuity
- Managing the work programme, and associated resources
- Manage and develop a small team of Advisers/Senior Advisers to implement projects and activities against the work programme
- Providing expert advice as a key member of the incident management team
- Relationship management and network strengthening within the emergency management and business continuity community