Strategic Business Resilience and Continuity Specialist
- Published: Tuesday, 10 May 2022 08:00
Location: Canada, Ontario and Quebec
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eradicate racism and advance equity within CMHC and the housing system.
Join the Chief Information Office within the Chief Financial Office and Corporate Services sector, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. You will lead CMHC's Business Continuity Management (BCM) program, which aims to achieve organizational resilience and reduce business interruption risks. CMHC has a very mature Business Continuity Program and is always looking to challenge industry standards and look for new ways to modernize how we run our program. You will recommend and establish strategies with senior leadership to ensure corporate preparedness, as well strategically collaborate with crisis management teams to ensure CMHC remains a leader in the Business Continuity space.
- Acts as the alternate Incident Management Team Chair during major incidents who exercises leadership on the overall management for the response and recovery ensuring that the Incident Management Team functions effectively and that it meets is obligations and responsibilities.
- Leads the CMHC corporate wide business impact analysis, development of the corporate Business Continuity Plan (BCP), and the annual review of sector BCPs, to ensure changes to the business impact analysis, lessons learned from exercises or events, and organizational changes are reflected accordingly to minimize the impact of business interruptions on mission critical services and critical support services.
- Strategically collaborates with CMHC's Crisis Management Team and contributes to the organization’s readiness frameworks, protocols and playbooks ensuring end to end organizational resilience within the corporation.
- Represents CMHC in government-wide and interdepartmental BCM forums, committees, and initiatives to help set government-wide strategic direction, to share information, practices and lessons learned, and to find efficiencies by fostering joint exercises with other organizations.
- Ensures BCM program governance and readiness by developing an annual action plan; holding quarterly meetings with BCP coordinators; providing and developing training and awareness to senior management, the Incident Management Team, BCP coordinators, and mission critical employees; testing and exercising all CMHC BCPs; capturing lessons learned; and monitoring corrective actions accordingly.
- Serves as a key strategic advisor on BCM to sector leadership, the Incident Management Team, and BCP coordinators, as the BCM subject-matter expert in the area of emergency management as it relates to business interruptions to critical infrastructure, providing advice, guidance, and recommendations in incident management during high stress situations
- Prepares briefing material, recommendations, and presentations on behalf of the Incident Management Team for consumption by the Crisis Management Committee and Crisis Working Group teams, or Senior Management.
- In the event of an emergency, the incumbent is required to perform activity monitoring 24/7.
- Undergraduate degree in security or disaster and emergency management, a combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum of seven years of prior business continuity and organizational resilience experience, including experience overseeing the work of analysts and BCP coordinators.
- Extensive experience in handling complex and stressful situations affecting business operations and in initiating response activities, through the analysis of a variety of information provided by stakeholders, other emergency operations centres, media, first responders and business continuity management best practices.
- Deep knowledge of operational risk and business process improvement methods.
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice and recommendations to senior leadership teams and committees.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to engage others to implement new solutions and behaviours.
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to summarize complex information and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to challenge industry standard and innovate.
- Superior oral and written communication, including presentation skills in both official languages (English and French), especially related to facilitation, documentation, briefing material, and reporting.
Certification in a business continuity program and systems knowledge would be an asset.
Please apply online: Senior Specialist, Business Continuity
IMPORTANT NOTICE – MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
CMHC has implemented vaccination requirements to align with Government of Canada mandatory vaccination measures for the federal public service.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all CMHC employees, regardless of place of work (teleworking, working remotely or working on-site). CMHC’s vaccination measures, as updated from time to time, are a term and condition of employment.
CMHC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If you are the selected candidate, your vaccination status will be verified by an authorized CMHC third party as part of the offer process. If you wish to request an exemption from CMHC’s vaccination requirements on valid human rights-based grounds, you must do so at the offer stage as part of the recruitment process and be approved for an exemption before any offer of employment can be issued.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought – and of people – are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our aspiration.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 7462
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Travel Requirement: Limited
Office Location: Ottawa (ON)