Senior Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Thursday, 16 June 2022 15:13
Location: India, New Delhi
Company: Cambridge University Press & Assessment
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organization, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge
To support the development and increase the maturity level of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) across the organization. Preparing and delivering appropriate Business Continuity training to provide the right tools and knowledge that the business areas need in order to develop a recovery capability. In addition, potentially deputise for the Head of Business Continuity when the Head of Business Continuity is not available, taking responsibility for any actions until Head of BC is back.
- Although the role does not have Line Manager responsibilities, it is expected that the Snr BCM Advisor shares knowledge and experiences with the BCM Advisor to build their knowledge and exposure to the wider organization. Coordinate with Business Continuity leads in the business community to identify Business Continuity risk (BIA, BCP) within business priorities. Working closely with internal dependencies.
- Monitor adherence against Business Continuity programme, promoting and educating Business Continuity leads in the business community on compliance issues and best practice. Providing appropriate training and tools to empower, influencing the Business Continuity lead community to take ownership and responsibility for their own recovery areas.
- Continuing own development and delivery of Business Continuity awareness programme.
- Interacting with the organization, advising of what needs to be done and by when. Managing workload and working autonomously to coordinate the timescales of Business Continuity planning across Cambridge, in order of priority.
- Supports the Head of BC in the delivery of approved projects and investments whilst identifying key risks to the business and taking ownership of the specific agreed actions
- Deputise for the Head of BC at meetings when requested and taking ownership for the actions arising from the meetings.
- Keeps abreast of emerging and evolving threats, risks and trends reporting threats and investigating appropriate BCM mitigating actions where appropriate. Raising the risk to the appropriate audience.
- Tracking the risk to ensure any mitigating actions are put in place within the agreed timescales.
- Support the Head of BC and wider BC community with audits, regulatory inquires and external vendor activities relating to Business Continuity. This can involve review of BC related documents or participating in a desktop exercise to validate the plans.
- To lead, organize and deliver regular engagement with the Business Continuity Champion community. Develop appropriate training and provide the right tools, knowledge that is appropriate for the business and to achieve the desired outcome which meets the business needs. Influencing to ensure the business has representation and completes all BCM activities asked of it. Regularly monitoring progress by way of reporting.
- Analysing returned BIA data challenging back and influencing where appropriate to ensure adherence to ISO 22301.
- Plan and deliver the rollout of any BC software (where applicable) with support from the Head of BC.