Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Published: Wednesday, 22 June 2022 09:27
Location: US, NY, Buffalo
Company: M&T Bank
Provides management, coordination and oversight in supporting and contributing to all disciplines of the Business Continuity Program (BCP). Develops and maintains contingency planning, policies and procedures. Assists management in driving BCP initiatives. Actively emphasizes oversight of corporate-level, business unit and technology recovery planning activities that are necessary to enable the Bank to manage a crisis event as well as meet regulatory and compliance requirements for BCP planning. Supports corporate operational risk framework, Internal Audit, Operational Risk, regulatory reviews, incident response and managing resources.
- Guide and assist departmental BCP Recovery Team Leaders through business and technology continuity plan development and regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate analyses of identified process/technology system recovery gaps with business and technology resources and recommend strategy to mitigate issues as warranted.
- Assume leadership role in ongoing development, coordination, maintenance and validation of comprehensive crisis management and business recovery plans to ensure the firm’s ability to recover in the event of an unforeseen disruption to people, facilities and technology or third-party providers.
- Ensure all appropriate business, technology and corporate-level executive summaries are prepared in a timely manner and provided to management.
- Manage and maintain Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance and oversee processes to include steering committee meetings, agenda, minutes, charters, policies, procedures and comprehensive reporting.
- Administer enterprise-wide business continuity programs.
- Serve as service owner for third-party software and tools utilized by the team, including owning selection, set-up, maintenance and issue resolution processes of the relationship.
- Provide oversight for determination of updates to Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) planning requirements and implementation of updates into the system, ensuring regulatory requirements and changes to the Corporate Risk Framework are addressed.
- Ensure adherence to all department and technology standards and procedures including all documentation requirements.
- Develop and manage program governance framework.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance. Evaluate applicable laws and regulations to determine impact on organizational activities and adjust the BCM program as needed to address regulatory requirements, laws and emerging risks.
- Serve as Incident Commander or coordinator for major incidents and crises as required.
- Provide oversight of the third party due diligence risk program.
- Oversee training and awareness content. Develop and deliver First Line of Defense training.
- Participate in budget planning and talent acquisition.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.