Business Continuity and Information Security Advisor
- Published: Thursday, 15 September 2022 15:43
Location: UK, Glasgow, Edinburgh, hybrid working supported
Company: Hymans Robertson
Hymans Robertson is seeking a Business Continuity & Information Security Analyst to join its team on a permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be to maintain, develop and exercise the business continuity plans across the group and to provide support as necessary on information security tasks.
The role will involve building strong relationships and working closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the group- with lots of opportunity for development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain, develop, review, and update the business continuity plans in alignment with ISO 22301 and other relevant standards and best practice.
- Develop and deliver simulation exercises to test and strengthen the above plans.
- Liaise with IT and Systems teams with regards to IT disaster recovery to ensure plans are up to date and tested.
- Maintain BC documentation and intranet sites.
- Assist with the updating of the IS and BC training for all staff and new starts.
- Assist in the updating, monitoring and continual improvement of the Information Security (IS) Management System (ISMS) including IS policies, ISO audits and management reviews.
- Inputting to management information for final sign off by IS/BS Manager.
- Respond to client and prospective client questionnaires and client due diligence checks for BC and IS.
- Reviewing BC and IS related due diligence responses from suppliers and prospective suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of material for client onsite assessments.
- Act as a key point of contact for staff for day-to-day queries relating to BC and IS.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Monitor developing potential business interruption situations.
- Assist the response teams to support them making informed decisions.
- Work with the IS/BC Manager to respond to incidents and business interruption situations.
- General assistance to the IS/BC manager for ad-hoc projects and items.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice.