Director, Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Published: Friday, 23 September 2022 07:10
Location: UK, London
The Director, Business Continuity and Crisis Management, working in coordination with Business Continuity Officers in individual business, will develop, maintain, and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including but not limited to, risk assessments, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures across the NBCUniversal enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, maintaining, and assisting with implementing business continuity and crisis management strategies and solutions for the NBCU International portfolio. The Director will identify potential risks, threats, and vulnerabilities that could impact NBCUniversal’s International business operations, and proactively building organisational resilience and capability for adequate response and recovery in such a crisis. The incumbent will report to the Vice President of Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
- Primary development and ongoing maintenance (in coordination with the individual business) for business continuity plans using mutually agreed upon standards and customized solutions for NBCUniversal International operations.
- Development and execution of business continuity and crisis management resiliency exercises within individual businesses across the enterprise
- Identify and liaise with Business Continuity Officers (within each business) to develop effective working relationships and goals, actionable plans, and exercises
- Maintain and update the Business Continuity/Crisis Management internal corporate website and develop awareness materials
- Perform readiness assessments and provide analyses for individual businesses to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure and identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies
- Develop status reports on individual business preparedness and recoverability, and prepare management summary reports
- Analyse and report on implications of regulatory/audit/underwriter requirements and industry guidance on business continuity programs
- Perform analysis, prepare recommendations, visualize data sets, and implement enterprise business continuity planning tools (i.e., Business Continuity Management and mass notification solutions)
- Support the NBCU Business Continuity/Crisis Management Vice President by developing BC/CM plans. Assist the preparation of and facilitation of business continuity/crisis management exercises.
- Support the Technology Continuity team in developing the requirements and reporting of IT Disaster Recovery programmes.
- Regular use and maintenance of BC/CM IT systems including NBCU emergency notification system (MIR3).
- Prepare reports and presentations for executive leadership