Head of Operational Resilience
- Published: Friday, 18 November 2022 08:41
Location: UK, London
Company: BNP Paribas
The Level 1 Head of Operational Resilience role exists to provide direction, advice, support and guidance on Operational Resilience and related regulatory risk as it apply to the business, the management team and employees of Securities Services.
It involves working to ensure the existence and effectiveness of an Operational Resilience framework in line with local regulatory obligations and Metier standards and policies, and market best practice.
The role will work closely with the business, and as required with Client Line & Client Development, to support the business in complying with Operational Resilience requirements.
BNP Paribas is looking for an experienced operational resilience leader to be the primary point of contact across Securities Services UK. The purpose of the role is to define, deliver and embed the resilience strategy in line with regulatory expectations. The role will enhance the ability of the business to detect, prevent, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions that may impact the delivery of our important business services.
- Implement the operational resilience strategy & policy to ensure we are compliant with regulation and ensure we maintain the service our customers expect
- Working across business lines to ensure operational resilience is understood, part of BAU and change management processes
- Continual assessment of the identified important business services undertaken, including the continuous oversight & review of impact tolerances, the maximum tolerable level of disruption to that service, including the maximum tolerable duration of any disruption
- Drive and coordinate resilience testing to continually stress our important business services to ensure that we can keep within our set impact tolerances
- Own the Board self-assessment document to assure our own compliance and provide the basis to take necessary action to address weaknesses in resilience and to provide the necessary information to the Executive Committee
- Preparing and delivering training for Securities Services staff requiring training
- Conduit between business and BCM and Outsourcing teams to ensure continuity across Operational Resilience topics including testing scenarios, Management Information and oversight controls
- Responsible for the delivery of operational resiliency reporting for Important Business Services, both incoming and outgoing that provides relevant resiliency metrics to senior stakeholders for oversight
- Coordinate and oversee any IBS resiliency gap remediation in partnership with IBS owners
- Keep up to date with trends, regulation, innovations and new technology that can positively impact the resilience of our customers and the business
- Client liaison where required to assist them with their operational resilience strategy
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation operational resiliency branch regulatory returns as and when required, ensuring they meet the appropriate standard for the regulator on time, and harmonised with territory and BPSS globally.