Advisor, Business Continuity Management
- Published: Friday, 17 March 2023 08:54
Location: Canada, Ontario
Company: Ontario Health
The Advisor, Business Continuity Management will work within the Technology Continuity Planning (TCP) team and will own the responsibility for leading and implementing value added framework and processes and provide thought leadership on business continuity and disaster recovery issues, including best practices and strategy to improve Ontario Health’s overall Business Continuity Management maturity.
- Responsible for the yearly BIA and BCP updates across the agency. Interact with staff of all levels and in all departments to ensure document updates, as well as provide subject matter expertise to educate on BCP processes.
- Own the assessment and perform gap analyses and actively participate in overall Information Security and Business Continuity program maturity meetings.
- Proactively support the development and continuous improvement of BCP management program including framework, policies, standards, processes, tools, KPIs, KRIs, etc.
- The Advisor will develop briefing notes, presentation decks, Board presentations on BCP and/or other related items (which may include compliance and audit), and review and assess those prepared by other staff members in the unit.
- Provide excellent cross-departmental and cross-program communications and subject matter expertise and leadership. Support the identification of operational-critical functions to adequately log, assess, monitor, update and report on Agency wide continuity plans.
- Responsible for facilitating user sessions and group meetings; ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for and proactively manage the assigned Business Units / Programs to ensure gaps are properly identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored, and reported on a timely basis. Act as a value adding BCP management advisor to the Business Unit / Program Leads.
- Promote awareness of each divisional continuity recovery plan, and work in collaboration with business areas to conduct relevant training.
- Be responsible for the identification of new/emerging areas of BCP or significant changes in BCP profile at the Business Unit / Program level and recommend course of action.
- Assist in the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of the reporting tool.
- Coordinate and facilitate testing within/across departments.
- Act for the Manager, TCP and attend meetings and other activities as required.
- Provide support of coordination/facilitation for crisis management response and communications framework to departments, management, and Ontario Health when a business disruption occurs as requested or required.
- Participate in various projects and initiatives, working in a fast-paced team setting with other members of Ontario Health.