Business Continuity Program Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 23 May 2023 08:26
Location: US, TX, Spring
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Operationalize enhancements to the BCM program components through active engagement with internal customers
- Engage with different lines of business and corporate functions to prioritize and conduct business continuity impact analyses. Facilitate risk mitigation plans and drive the development of robust business recovery and continuity plans
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Risk Management Team to ensure Business Continuity Risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored, and reported.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on developing and maintaining highly functional Business Continuity plans
- Drive the development of a top down BCP strategy
- Create and maintain business process documentation for the program using approved process modelling techniques
- Manage the development and execution of comprehensive integrated exercises to test capabilities and update all plans regularly
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management policies, standards, and guidelines in line with the BCM Framework.
- Foster an environment among program participants of business resilience and recovery preparedness
- Disseminate knowledge, raise awareness and act as a conduit of information across stakeholders and interested parties. This will include knowledge on ISO 22301
- Ensure appropriate, regular training of the broader employee population to facilitate awareness, response and recovery from disruptive events
- Lead teams through testing and develop an after-action review process
- Monitor emerging BCM practices and technology tools for potential adoption
- Provide regular reports, dashboards, and scorecards on the operational status of the BCM program
- Identify and escalate key program risks and facilitate resolution.