Operational Resilience and Business Continuity Lead
- Published: Friday, 26 May 2023 06:51
Location: UK, London
Company: Clyde & Co
The Operational Resilience and Business Continuity Lead will steer and develop the firm's global operational resilience risk framework, including ensuring a robust and responsive business continuity programme which operates on a global, regional and office-wide level and leading the development and delivery of the firm's travel safety and security programme.
The role will ensure that the firm has appropriate operations resilience risk identification and assessments, policies, procedures, training and governance in place to be able to assure that its operations can provide continuity of business undertakings in any circumstance which may occur including disaster recovery, emergency preparedness, and crisis management.
This position will collaborate with individuals from all business services areas (IT, Facilities, HR, Marketing, COOs etc) and client-facing practice groups to develop, implement, maintain and execute business continuity plans that meet the strategic, tactical and operational needs of the firm.
This position will work closely with the firm's IT and Information Security teams to ensure a holistic approach is taken to managing operational resilience risk across the business and so that the firm can respond consistently and appropriately to.
- Create an operational risk framework that is appropriate for business continuity and operational resilience risks, update the firm's current business continuity plans, identifying the appropriate strategies and tactics to achieve continuity and resilience, as well as appropriate threat mitigation measures and incident response structures
- Perform and appropriately enabled Business Impact Analyses and Risk Assessments across all practice groups and service areas of the firm, working with senior leadership, managers/owners of key business activities, subject matter experts and other stakeholders
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes, facilities, equipment, IT networks/environment, regulatory requirements and interdependencies within the firm
- Introduce an appropriate emergency crisis communications capability to support continuity of services and recovery decisions in the event of a crisis situation and ensure that relevant teams have appropriate and robust playbooks for agreed scenarios
- Develop a training programme and regular testing/simulation scenarios to train and prepare the firm to respond to crisis events, and as a method for validating the accuracy and completeness of the plans
- Engage with IT to ensure that DR and IT resilience plans are aligned with agreed business continuity and resilience outcomes and provide assurance on those plans
- Manage the awareness and requirements of senior stakeholders across the firm in relation to the importance of sound and effective operational risk management processes.