Head of Business Continuity and Resilience
- Published: Friday, 26 May 2023 07:05
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto
Responsible for the overall delivery of the enterprise resilience practice, approach, and program governance across Manulife. The incumbent will serve as a Subject Matter Expert on matters of Resilience, Continuity, Recovery and Response, and must be a principle driving force to mature those capabilities across Manulife.
This leader will be the content owner for Manulife enterprise BC & DR Standards, will craft the approach and roadmap to evolve Manulife’s business resilience capabilities and will serve as the enterprise Crisis response coordinator.
This leader oversees the enterprise BC/DR/ Crisis team ensuring work is managed, prioritized, and completed in alignment with business goals, drivers and commitments.
- Delivering information risk expertise and advice to the business users and IT users enabling them to manage their Resilience / BC / DR & Crisis response risks efficiently and effectively.
- Managing the Resilience / BC / DR & Crisis risk team and function with direct reports in multiple locations with responsibility for all staffing decisions related to this team.
- Adjusting and setting risk commitments within the team. In a changing environment, constantly reviewing and balancing the team’s business-as-usual commitments with short-term/immediate priorities and long-term strategic initiatives. Completing short-term planning and creating long-term strategy that will mature information risk capabilities ensuring the practices keep pace with both internal drivers (company strategy and goals) and external drivers (technology, regulations, threats, vulnerabilities, etc.).
- Fostering and maintaining a talent pipeline to ensure staff openings and hiring are managed proactively; devising training paths and development plans to ensure skills within the team are fostered and strengthened to meet both the current and anticipated demand; maintaining and if appropriate attaining new certifications. Anticipating the needs of skills, knowledge, and tools for their team.
- Being responsible and accountable for team budget and spending.
- Promoting a strong information risk management culture.
- Staying abreast of new regulations, laws, and requirements for relevant risks across jurisdictions and overseeing compliance with same as required. Ensuring staff are properly trained and keep current with information risk and resilience developments, and technology (both in use at Manulife and across the industry).
- Interacting with and cooperating with information risk teams globally ensuring uniform processes and compliance with Global Information Risk Management processes, procedures, policies, standards, templates, and guidelines.
- Maintaining and fostering enduring relationships with internal customers namely:
- executives and other staff within business lines
- project managers, developers, and others
- executives and peers within the wider Information Risk Management community
- executives and others within other second- and third-line of defense teams (Audit Services, Operational Risk, Compliance, Investigative Services, Enterprise Risk, etc.)