Outcomes from the recent Telecom Business Continuity Forum meeting
- Published: Tuesday, 27 September 2016 08:34
The Telecom Business Continuity Forum, an event organized by the United Arab Emirates’ Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA), took place recently. The Forum discussed various subjects, based on the theme ‘Global and National Competitiveness of Telecom Business Continuity’. After the event a set of recommendations was issued aimed at helping promote the UAE’s competitiveness in ICT, as well as the sector’s business continuity and sustainability.
Key outcomes from the Forum were:
- The Forum highlighted the importance of forecasting future scenarios and why it is necessary to ensure that business continuity plans are flexible enough to adjust to emerging threats and handle unanticipated incidents.
- The Forum highlighted the importance of keeping pace with contemporary innovations and solutions in telecommunications to address the unpredictable nature of disasters amidst unprecedented technological developments.
- The Forum noted the need to promote the integrity of emergency and business continuity plans through the participation of government entities in telecommunications continuity programs.
- The Forum discussed the possible societal impacts of sudden telecommunication disconnections that may happen for any reason, given the unprecedented growth in the global ICT sector, the prevalence of smart applications and devices, and heavy dependence on ICT technology services to the public.