Update on North American business continuity and related standards
- Published: Friday, 17 April 2015 09:00
The minutes of a meeting of the NFPA 1600 revision committee provide a useful update about progress on North American business continuity and related standards.
According to the minutes of the NFPA Technical Committee Meeting, which took place between March 24th – 26th, 2015, and was held to review public comments received during the NFPA 1600 revision process:
- DRII’s Professional Practices are in the process of being updated;
- ASTM International is developing a school emergency preparedness standard;
- Development is underway on NFPA 1616, the first of a family of standards based around the NFPA 1600 Standard. The NFPA 1616 Standard on Mass Evacuation, Sheltering, and Re-Entry will be published in 2017.
- The next revision of the Canadian Standards Association Group’s Z1600 emergency and business continuity planning standard published will be published in 2016.
The next edition of NFPA will be published in 2016.