BANG Awards winners
- Published: Monday, 04 May 2015 14:23
BANG, a public & private sector members association for business continuity and resilience professionals, held its 7th ‘Alternative Awards’ on 29th April in London.
Each year since its inception individual members and organizations are nominated for an Alternative Award, to reward them for their work in business continuity and resilience. As has been the case with previous awards, members or organizations were nominated and voted for by BANG members using LinkedIn and Survey Monkey, with no judging committee involved in any decision making.
The Winners of the 7th BANG Alternative Awards for 2015 were:
1. Luckiest Recovery of the Year: Sev Cokayne of PWC
2. The Best Pub near a Recovery Centre: The Red Herring, Gresham Street, London.
3. Best Contribution to the Profession: Michael Faber, FIOR
4. Most Bizarre Exercise Scenario: Andrew Clarke and the City of London Police.
5. Creativity and Innovative Planning: The BCI for its BC24 online simulation game.
6. KISS : Gary Johnston of the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England & Wales.
7. Most Helpful Person in the Industry: Lyndon Bird FBCI, former Technical Director of the BCI.
8. Best Staff Awareness Campaign: Milton Keynes Business Forum
9. Corniest ‘Energising’ Cliché: The Emergency Planning Society (EPS)
10. Rocket Science: Dr Robert MacFarlane, Assistant Director (UK Resilience Doctrine and Training) in the Civil Contingencies Secretariat, Cabinet Office.