Is Your Crisis Plan in Shape for 2018?
- Published: Wednesday, 13 December 2017 09:31
RockDove has published an eBook, ‘Is Your Crisis Plan in Shape for 2018?’ that aims to help organizations with building state-of-the art crisis plans.
The eBook notes that in 2017 many of the worst crises came from well-known and long-standing risks which are still at the heart of any crisis plan, including data leaks, extreme weather, corporate malfeasance, product malfunction and, tragically, mass shootings. But there are also a newer set of issues that are more the product of the times in which we live; a digitally enabled society where social issues, culture, race and politics form a toxic stew of reputational threats. Examples include:
- Products which become politicized, through ownership or marketing content, and boycotts are called for from one side or the other;
- Clumsy forays into social issues, like race and gender, by well-known brands;
- Bad employee actions becoming viral online with widely shared videos;
- Exposure of dysfunction in the workplace by motivated and angry co-workers who have the Internet as their platform.
In an age where digital and social media fan the flames of an issue and turn it into a highly damaging crisis within hours, the crisis planning eBook looks at crucial tools, technology and resources to ensure early warning and a speedy response to an emerging threat. This includes getting rid of that old-school ring-bound binder and moving to a digital crisis management platform, plus:
- Ramping up and making more effective social media monitoring,
- Gathering data and analytics to track emerging issues and their impact.
Free copies of 'Is Your Crisis Plan in Shape for 2018' are available for download after registration at https://www.rockdovesolutions.com/is-your-crisis-plan-in-shape-for-2018