BSI to officially launch new crisis management technical guidance
- Published: Wednesday, 05 December 2018 08:33
At an event in London on 11th December, BSI will officially launch the PD CEN/TS 17091 European technical specification for crisis management. Aimed at organizations of all sizes, the new guidance gives organizations ‘good practice guidance on how to prepare for, anticipate, respond to and recover from crises’. It is aimed at ‘those who operate under the direction and within policy of top management in:
- Implementing crisis plans and structures
- Maintaining and assuring the procedures associated with this capability.’
PD CEN/TS 17091 provides guidance on:
- Understanding the context and challenges of crisis management;
- Developing an organization’s crisis management capability through preparedness;
- Recognizing the complexities facing a crisis team in action;
- Communicating successfully during a crisis;
- Reviewing and learning.
The free to attend launch event is aimed at decision makers in the areas of resilience, risk, business continuity, crisis and emergency management.
During the event Kevin Brear, Head of Cyber Resilience Services, Grant Thornton UK LLP, will present an overview of PD CEN/TS 17091; Jean-Marc Picard, Research Professor, University of Technology of Compiègne (UTC), will look at the different models for crisis management and emergency management; and Robert MacFarlane, Deputy Director, Civil Contingencies Secretariat, Cabinet Office, will explore how the PD CEN/TS 17091 guidance fits with government policy and legislation.
More details about the event: https://www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/our-services/events/2018/crisis-management-launch
More details about the technical specification: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030339232