Five lessons from Korea on securing business continuity during COVID-19
- Published: Tuesday, 25 August 2020 09:07
The World Bank has published an article which captures lessons that the Korea Public Finance Information Services (KPFIS) learned while ensuring business continuity and remote access during the initial response phase of COVID-19.
The lessons were first presented in a series of webinars conducted at the request of the World Bank Group and the Inter-American Development Bank.
The article describes the following five areas:
- Continuing staff connection with information and communications technologies (ICTs)
- Selectively prioritizing essential core services within a resource constrained environment
- Safely maintaining a customer interface for the systems users
- Strengthening the concept of ‘untact’ in the work environment and in user support
- Having a crisis response manual on hand so that everyone knows who should do what.