Protiviti has completed a major update to its Guide to Business Continuity & Resilience. First produced in 2005, the guide has been updated to reflect today's new threats and business realities, especially in light of lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020 guide includes answers to 50 new critical questions business leaders must ask to ensure they will be ready to respond when disaster strikes.
Protiviti's new guide to business continuity and resilience answers 84 questions in total facing those responsible for developing business continuity plans and includes several related issues and best practices.
The questions are grouped into the following topics:
- COVID-19 and large-scale disasters
- Business continuity management (BCM) basics
- Ownership and governance
- Program and plan development
- IT Disaster Recovery and other technology considerations
- Third-party risk management and BCM
- Regulations, standards & guidance
- Testing, training & maintenance.
This fourth edition of the guide also includes an appendix with a glossary of key BCM terms, links to regulatory information sources, and BCM program testing options.