NCEMA publishes updated version of business continuity management standard
- Published: Thursday, 21 January 2021 10:36
NCEMA, the UAE National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority, has announced the launch of the third edition of the ‘National Standard for Business Continuity Management System (Specifications)’, AE/SCNS/NCEMA 7000:2021. NCEMA says that the updated standard has been developed in coordination with partners, with the aim of strengthening the capacity of the business community in the country to face emergencies and crises.
The main updates from the second edition are:
- Simplification of the language, structure, and content of the standard to make it more understandable and increase its adoption.
- Addressing local requirements based on feedback from interested parties including government entities and other organizations that have implemented the standard.
- Aligning the specifications with international business continuity management standards, whilst retaining NCEMA 7000’s unique identity.
- Differentiating clearly between the management system requirements and BCMS operations requirements.
- Introducing guidance text to explain the purpose of each clause and using cross-referencing to clarify the requirements.
Obtain the standard (PDF).
Continuity Central would welcome reviews of the new NCEMA standard by business continuity professionals - please contact email@example.com if you are interested in contributing.