Business Continuity Awareness Week 2021: 17th – 21st May
- Last Updated: Thursday, 20 May 2021 07:17
- Published: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 12:28
Every year the business continuity profession around the world comes together for Business Continuity Awareness Week (BCAW). As the title suggests, the event aims to assist organizations raise awareness about business continuity with their employees and stakeholders. The 2021 BCAW takes place between 17th and 21st May. It is organized by the BCI and is sponsored by Castellan.
There are various resources available on the BCI’s BCAW resource pages, including:
- A range of helpful webinars
- The BCAW Awareness Toolkit 2021
- Various business continuity related competitions.
In addition, the BCI will launch a podcast during Business Continuity Awareness Week. This will be hosted by Rina Singh, who will interview professionals and practitioners from all over the world, says the BCI.
BCAW webinar schedule
The current webinar schedule is as follows:
- May 17th: Creating a common language to build resilience
- May 18th: Buying-in: How the best practitioners engage the business and embed BC & Resilience
- May 19th: Business Continuity Starts with Every Employee
- May 19th: Is now the opportunity we’ve been waiting for to embed BC into business operations?
- May 19th: Keeping Colleagues Engaged
- May 20th: Building preparedness with microsimulations
- May 20th: Who Needs Business Continuity? Do up your seat belt!
This page will be updated through BCAW.
Business Continuity Starts with you: Case Study Report
The BCI has published ‘Business Continuity Starts with you: Case Study Report’. This explores how professionals and organizations across the globe are raising awareness of business continuity amongst their employees and staff. Obtain the report.
BCAW sponsor press release
Castellan, the sponsor of BCAW 2021, has issued a press release highlighting three resources to help facilitate internal conversations about business continuity. These are:
- Executive Support Amplifier: Proven process needed to help executives understand how business continuity directly ties into the mission and strategy of the organization
- Building the Business Case for Business Continuity and Operational Resilience: Webinar providing the tips and tools for navigating conversations with your executives and stakeholders
- The Business Continuity Business Case: Fully customizable template to evaluate an organization across the five key drivers to invest and determine the unique business case for investing in a business continuity and resilience capability.
The BCAW Podcast
As part of BCAW, the BCI has launched a seven-episode podcast. Hosted by Rina Singh, business continuity professionals from round the world share their experiences when it comes to raising awareness of BC and engaging with staff and employees. All seven episodes are now available and are as follows:
- Episode #1 – Home working cyber threats - how to keep your staff aware
- Episode #2 – Business Continuity starts with you
- Episode #3 – Raising awareness of Business Continuity in a large-scale organization
- Episode #4 – Raising internal awareness of ISO22301 certification
- Episode #5 – Embedding Business Continuity – why is it important?
- Episode #6 – The importance of raising internal awareness of Business Continuity…and Personal Resilience
- Episode #7 - The Business Continuity approach - one size does not fit all