Veritas and Pure Storage agree data protection partnership
- Published: Wednesday, 10 October 2018 09:20
Veritas Technologies, the worldwide market share leader in enterprise data protection, in collaboration with Pure Storage, the all-flash storage platform, have announced a new partnership to help joint customers modernise data protection and take advantage of data analysis opportunities.
The collaboration will enable organizations to confidently consolidate modern workloads onto Pure Storage’s unique data hub architecture, powered by Pure Storage FlashBlade. With the integration of NetBackup, Veritas’ flagship technology, enterprise data can be shared, protected and ‘unlocked for unprecedented value’.
The announcement builds on a relationship between Veritas and Pure Storage that includes joint adoption of one another’s technology, product enhancements, sales and support.
With the rapid growth and fragmentation of data, enterprises of all sizes struggle to manage, protect and gain insight from data. Modern intelligence requires technology that not only stores data but can pull insights from data that are so rich, they are actually predictive in nature. Today, Veritas and Pure Storage deliver data protection and fast recovery for modern workloads while powering data analytics and advancing machine learning.
Additional benefits of the partnership include:
- Increased agility and speed with integrated snapshot-based protection for scale-out data in flash arrays with the integration of Veritas NetBackup and Veritas CloudPoint.
- Optimised RPO and RTO for even the most critical and highly transactional applications from Pure Storage parallel architecture.
- Improved data recovery with consistent, more reliable point-in-time copies with Veritas NetBackup and Veritas CloudPoint integration with Pure Storage.
- Faster backup at peak performance with Veritas NetBackup and Veritas CloudPoint integration without lengthy snapshot windows and application time-outs.