RIMS Canada Conference program announced
- Published: Friday, 05 August 2022 10:05
After a two-year break, risk professionals from across Canada will reconvene at the RIMS Canada Conference. Scheduled from September 11 to 14 at the Halifax Convention Center, the conference’s education program features nearly 40 sessions that explore strategies to address a world of new and dynamic risks, strengthen organizational resilience, and empower innovation.
Leaders in the risk profession will share their insight and experiences in sessions covering:
- Cyber protection and incident response strategies
- Environmental and climate concerns
- Diversity, equity and inclusion opportunities
- Inflation risk and insurance best practices
- Property valuation
- Merger & acquisition considerations
- Risk professional skill development and networking opportunities
- Other emerging risks.
The RIMS Canada Conference welcomes a strong line-up of keynote speakers that includes best-selling author and CEO Barb Stegemann, Janice Gross Stein, the Founding Director of the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto and comedian, writer and actress Kate Davis.
On September 9th, RIMS will host a ‘Risk Appetite Management’ pre-conference workshop in Halifax. The workshop delivers best practices for identifying key metrics to build risk appetite and risk tolerance frameworks and statements. The workshop is separate from the conference.