Operational resilience expert joins Global Resilience Federation Board
- Published: Tuesday, 31 January 2023 13:41
The Global Resilience Federation (GRF) has announced that David LaFalce, Global Head of Operational Resilience at Wells Fargo, has joined its board of directors.
LaFalce joins the board as the representative for the Business Resilience Council (BRC). BRC is a GRF subsidiary focused on four key programs:
- Cross-sector sharing of threats, incidents and vulnerabilities;
- Developing an operational resilience framework to withstand destructive events;
- Building third-party security connections including vendors, suppliers, and other partners;
- Running exercises that test the resilience of members against geopolitical, physical and cyber threats.
As a member of the board, David LaFalce brings extensive business resilience experience. At Wells Fargo, he is responsible for ensuring robust plans are in place to deliver essential services when faced with severe but plausible scenarios such as extreme cyber-attacks, IT system outages or third-party supplier failure. Prior to Wells Fargo, David was Managing Director and the Global Head of Security and Business Continuity at DTCC, and the Chief Security Officer at The Clearing House Payments Company.
In his volunteer work, LaFalce has been an elected member of the Board of Directors, Business Resilience Committee Executive Advisory Group, and is a Threat Intelligence Committee Member of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC). He has also served on the Executive Committee, Cyber Security Steering Committee, Business Resilience Committee, and the Supply Chain Work Group for the Financial Service Sector Coordinating Council (FSSCC).