Updated version of ISO 31000 risk management standard now available
- Published: Tuesday, 20 February 2018 09:30
ISO has released the latest version of the ISO 31000 risk management standard. Entitled ‘ISO 31000, Risk management – Guidelines’ the standard ‘delivers a clearer, shorter and more concise guide that will help organizations use risk management principles to improve planning and make better decisions’.
The main changes since the previous edition are:
- A review of the principles of risk management, which are the key criteria for its success;
- A focus on leadership by top management who should ensure that risk management is integrated into all organizational activities, starting with the governance of the organization;
- Greater emphasis on the iterative nature of risk management, drawing on new experiences, knowledge and analysis for the revision of process elements, actions and controls at each stage of the process;
- Streamlining of the content with greater focus on sustaining an open systems model that regularly exchanges feedback with its external environment to fit multiple needs and contexts.