A new report, The 2021 Global State of Enterprise Risk Oversight has been published. This is a joint commission with NCSU and AICPA-CIMA and reports on the ever-evolving status of risk globally.
The content focuses upon five themes that emerged from research for the report:
- COVID-19 has dramatically interrupted strategic decisions, triggered significant operational surprises, and introduced a number of new, potentially long-lasting risks for organizations all over the world.
- Risk management practices may not be keeping pace with the risk realities in today’s global environment.
- Changes in risk management processes may be on the horizon as expectations to strengthen risk management processes are now emerging from boards of directors and CEOs/Presidents.
- Opportunities exist for most organizations to strengthen their integration of risk insights into strategic decision-making.
- An organization’s overall culture may be limiting progress towards more value-added risk management.
Read the report (PDF).