Veritas launches Resiliency Platform 2.0
- Published: Wednesday, 31 August 2016 08:41
Veritas Technologies has announced the release of Veritas Resiliency Platform 2.0, featuring a built-in VMware certified data mover that achieves a significantly lower recovery point objective (RPO) compared to VMware's native data mover VMware vSphere Replication.
Resiliency Platform empowers organizations to maintain critical business uptime across complex, multi-platform and multi-vendor private, public and hybrid cloud environments by delivering predictability for all resiliency operations, including workload migration, failover, failback, data protection, and non-disruptive recovery testing. The built-in data mover in Resiliency Platform 2.0 simplifies the management of critical services' uptime by integrating seamlessly into VMware environments, so organizations can gain greater benefits from their existing VMware investments.
In addition, organizations can achieve increased benefits from other IT investments with Resiliency Platform's support for industry-leading high availability solutions, 3rd party hardware-based data movers and other virtualization platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V. The new built-in data mover in 2.0 further strengthens Veritas' commitment to empower organizations to architect their IT postures with freedom of choice.
Key capabilities of Resiliency Platform 2.0 include:
- Ease of management for business resiliency across multi-platform, multi-vendor environments with a single solution;
- Comprehensive visibility via a single dashboard into real-time health of all applications, virtual machines, multi-tier business services and data movers across sites;
- Lower RPOs and flexibility of data mover choice with new VMware certified built-in data mover;
- Predictability of meeting RTOs and RPOs via automation and orchestration for all resiliency operations.