Sophos develops ‘next generation of anti-exploit and anti-ransomware technology’
- Published: Tuesday, 20 September 2016 08:50
Sophos has announced Sophos Intercept X, a next-generation endpoint security product that stops zero-day malware, unknown exploit variants and stealth attacks, and includes an advanced anti-ransomware feature that can detect previously unknown ransomware within seconds. Sophos Intercept X installs alongside existing endpoint security software from any vendor, immediately boosting endpoint protection by stopping malicious code before it executes.
Sophos Intercept X combines four critical security components that IT administrators should expect from next-generation endpoint protection:
1. Signatureless Threat and Exploit Detection: anti-malware and anti-hacker defence that blocks zero-day, unknown and memory resident attacks and threat variants without the need for file scanning;
2. CryptoGuard: anti-ransomware innovation that identifies and intercepts malicious encryption activity, blocks ransomware before it can lock and cripple systems and can roll back maliciously encrypted files to their pre-attack state;
3. Root Cause Analytics: a 360 degree visual analysis of attack events that shows where the attack came in, what it affected, where it may have stopped and recommended actions to prevent a similar attack in the future;
4. Sophos Clean: a powerful utility that hunts for and removes any trace of spyware and deeply embedded, lingering malware.
Sophos Intercept X is available to order today and a free trial is available at https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/intercept-x.aspx