New release of AvailabilityGuard software
- Published: Monday, 02 March 2015 14:52
Continuity Software has announced the release of version 6.4 of its AvailabilityGuard software. AvailabilityGuard v6.4 provides improved coverage and support for the following cloud-based technologies :
- * EMC VPLEX: AvailabilityGuard analyzes the configuration of the various EMC VPLEX modes, including VPLEX Local, VPLEX Metro, and VPLEX Geo. AvailabilityGuard detects a large number of VPLEX misconfigurations, including both internal VPLEX issues, as well as risks that span the VPLEX system and other IT layers such as storage systems, SAN fabric, host access, virtualization and clustering.
- VMware Virtual Network: Continuity Software extends its risk detection capabilities onto the VMware-defined virtual network. AvailabilityGuard documents the virtual network topology and analyzes the configuration of virtual switches, port groups, NIC teaming, VLAN tagging (and more) to detect various misconfigurations preventing successful virtual machine (VM) failover or vMotion.
- Zerto: AvailabilityGuard analyzes the configuration of Zerto components (ZVM, VRA, VPG and more) to detect best practice violations that can lead to data loss or RPO/RTO violations. Furthermore, AvailabilityGuard analyzes additional IT layers (database and application servers, VM OS, ESXi and datastores, virtual network, SAN fabric and more) and VM dependencies that can jeopardize successful VM protection and recovery in environments where Zerto is deployed.
- Improved risk detection for integrated infrastructure solutions: AvailabilityGuard scans and analyzes the storage, hypervisor and VM components of VMware-based integrated infrastructure solutions such as VCE Vblock and Cisco/NetApp's FlexPod. Using its unique risk knowledgebase, AvailabilityGuard verifies Vblock and Flexpod environments are free of data loss and downtime risks.