Tintri, Inc, has announced the development of ‘Synchronous Replication’ for the recovery of mission critical virtualised and cloud applications running on Tintri VMstore arrays. According to Tintri, organizations can now protect all of their mission critical applications from data centre / center failures, and do so with more simplicity and over greater distances than is possible with storage systems from competing vendors.
Tintri Synchronous Replication can be set up in minutes by an IT generalist and ‘offers zero-minute recovery point objectives with single-click failover for individual virtual machines’.
“Until now, organizations that wanted synchronous replication to protect their most critical applications had to use complex and expensive storage, limiting the benefits of zero RPO disaster recovery to those with the largest IT staffs and budgets,” said Kieran Harty, Tintri CTO and co-founder. “Today, Tintri announces Synchronous Replication for every organization and every application, with simple set up, one-click failover, plus all the operational and performance advantages of Tintri VAS for virtualized and cloud infrastructures.”
Tintri’s Synchronous Replication offers:
- Zero recovery point objectives (RPO) for mission critical virtualised and cloud applications to eliminate data loss in disaster recovery scenarios;
- Near-zero recovery time objectives (RTO) as low as 30 seconds or less for planned and manual failovers;
- Support for inter-data centre network distances up to 100 km enabled by efficiency of Tintri replication technology;
- Bi-directional synchronous replication, where primary VMs and replica (secondary) VMs can be distributed on each array, enabling flexible failover of individual applications without requiring failover of the entire array;
- Real-time analytics for synchronous replication at the array and VM levels, with end-to-end visualisation of VM latency including the replication component;
- Support for synchronous and asynchronous replication on the same array simultaneously;
- Easy configuration and single-click failover to enable management of DR and data protection for critical applications by IT generalists;
- Does not require purchase and configuration of additional hardware such as FCIP converters or SAS switches, or specialised array models.
Synchronous Replication also provides the foundation for architecting advanced enterprise recovery workflows such as non-disruptive data centre maintenance and data centre migration. Workflows are easy to develop and deploy using either PowerShell or REST with Tintri’s Automation Toolkit.