Sungard Availability Services' launches new business continuity management mobile app
- Published: Thursday, 14 December 2017 11:03
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) has introduced its new ‘Act with Assurance’ mobile app, which will help business continuity professionals manage and recover from an incident.
Building on its existing AssuranceCM business continuity software, the app coordinates with the Assurance Software platform to ‘provide a more interactive, efficient way to manage business continuity’. It delivers individualized playbooks to recovery team members for each test exercise or actual event, directly to their mobile devices.
"The most important part of managing an incident is communication. It's also the biggest challenge recovery teams face," said Ted Marquardt, Senior Product Manager at Sungard AS. "Unfortunately, when disaster strikes, it is not uncommon for incident responders to find themselves frustrated by plans in static, outdated PDFs or binders, or to be interrupted by conference calls with requests for updates. These barriers to recovery lead to gaps in communication during critical times. The Act with Assurance app provides recovery teams the ability to interact live through a new communication channel, which is absolutely essential to effective incident recovery."
Act with Assurance provides:
- Mobile push notifications – responders will know the second a task is assigned by way of push notifications. They can tap the notification to view the task, then update progress using the app.
- Focused task list – responders can act on tasks specifically assigned to them. Individualized playbooks are created and delivered, providing responders the right information at the right time.
- Recovery workflow – align recovery efforts at the task level across the entire event with standardized workflow statuses that provide consistent visibility into the recovery status.
- Integrated platform – Act with Assurance works seamlessly with the Assurance platform that provides an integrated suite of assessment, planning, testing and reporting features.
The Act with Assurance mobile app is now available to Sungard AS’ US and UK-based customers using iOS devices, with expansion to Android coming in early 2018.