Fast, flexible and reliable backup and disaster recovery of an organization's entire IT environment became a lot easier with the recent release of the cross-platform version of StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX. The unique SPX cross-platform solution from StorageCraft Technology Corp. ties together the management of backup and recovery operations of Windows and Linux systems and physical and virtual environments.
SPX includes a robust set of new features built based on feedback from IT administrators. SPX allows for quick and efficient sector-level backup of Windows and Linux systems and enables reliable recovery within minutes to the original hardware, to new hardware or to a virtual machine hosted on the same or a different hypervisor. SPX leverages Volume Shadow Copy Service to ensure solid backups and a proprietary kernel-level snapshot driver to ensure fast backups of Windows systems. For Linux systems, SPX has a new kernel-level driver to ensure a quick and solid backup.
In addition to encompassing the award-winning core features of ShadowProtect 5, SPX has numerous new features and functionality that make it one of the most advanced, yet easy-to-use backup and disaster recovery solutions in the market today. Some of the new features include:
- A new user interface with patented job timeline making it even easier to monitor and manage backup jobs.
- An advanced StorageCraft-developed snapshot driver for Linux.
- Cross-platform heterogeneous support for both Windows and Linux operating environments.
- Industry-leading virtual and physical support (P2V, P2P, V2P, V2V).
- Remote monitoring and policy-based management from a common management console – StorageCraft ShadowControl 3.0.
- A new job scheduler with more granular and flexible scheduling options.
- Extended and integrated StorageCraft VirtualBoot technology support.
- Simplified system migration of any SPX backup image to new physical or virtual systems.
- Best-in-class (D2D and D2D2C) cloud replication support for onsite and offsite protection with StorageCraft ImageManager.