Zerto 7.0 converges backup and disaster recovery into ‘better-than-backup’ technology
- Published: Tuesday, 30 April 2019 09:24
Zerto has announced the general availability of Zerto 7.0, adding new capabilities to its IT Resilience Platform that, according to the company, revolutionize the way backup is done.
Designed for an era of application complexity and cloud adoption, Zerto 7.0 replaces periodic backup with continuous data protection combined with powerful journaling technology for both short-term and long-term data retention. This release converges disaster recovery, backup and cloud mobility into a single platform that allows organizations to combine historically siloed processes to drive efficiencies, performance and proactive IT transformation.
Zerto 7.0 offers a range of new features and capabilities, including:
- A unique Elastic Journal that combines the granular journal technology with long-term repositories, providing a continuous stream of recovery points with intelligent index and search – for recovery across data, files or VMs from any point in time.
- Data protection workflows that automate recovery from numerous points in time, across multiple VMs, ensuring application consistency across short- and long-term data retention.
- Built-in support for Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) such as Exagrid, with new on-premises support for NFS and SMB targets.
- Retention policy settings for daily, weekly, monthly and annual cycles to copy the recovery data to cost-efficient LTR repositories.
- Scale-out architecture designed to further accelerate the application recovery process for Microsoft Azure.
- Automatic encryption at rest upon the recovery of EC2 instances when protecting workloads on Amazon EC2.
- Robust resource planning and ‘what-if’ scenario modeling within Zerto Analytics which continuously monitors and analyses compute, storage and network resources across on-premises environments and public, private and hybrid clouds.