Zerto 8.0 launched: expands data protection and recovery capabilities across on-premises and cloud
- Published: Wednesday, 25 March 2020 10:18
Zerto has announced the general availability of Zerto 8.0, expanding disaster recovery, data protection, and mobility for hybrid and multi-cloud environments with strategic partners. Zerto 8.0 introduces new integration with Google Cloud, deeper integrations with Azure, AWS public cloud platforms, and new innovations with VMware.
“With Zerto 8.0, our mission is to deliver IT resilience everywhere, by introducing a range of new and powerful features along with deeper integration with market-leading public cloud providers. We give customers the protection they want, wherever they need it,” explained Ziv Kedem, CEO of Zerto. “Zerto has been moving the dial on resilience for the past decade, and the ongoing development and wider integration of our platform shows the importance of technology leadership in an era where businesses can never stand still on data protection and recovery.”
Zerto 8.0 brings a range of new features and capabilities:
- New support for Google Cloud by bringing its leading Continuous Data Protection (CDP) technology to Google Cloud’s VMware-as-a-Service offering. Zerto 8.0 will support VMware on Google Cloud, enabling users to protect and migrate native VMware workloads in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with Zerto’s leading RTOs, RPOs and workload mobility.
- New cost savings, operational efficiencies and visibility with support for VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (vVols).
- Expanded VMware vCloud Director (vCD) connection with Zerto’s self-service recovery portal for Managed Service Providers (MSP).
- Deeper integration with Microsoft Azure for increased simplicity and scalability of large deployments, which includes support for Microsoft Hyper-V Gen 2 VMs, users leveraging UEFI for VMs running in their on-premises environments can now use Microsoft Azure as a target for disaster recovery, without a need to convert the VMs to legacy formats.
- AWS Storage Gateway to be used as a target site for inexpensive and efficient cloud archive and data protection.
- New data protection capabilities, extending the value of Virtual Protection Groups (VPGs) to data protection, delivering application consistency from seconds to years.
- A single pane of glass for data protection reporting with status performance and capacity reporting of protected workloads.
- Zerto’s failback functionality as part of the cost-effective incremental snapshots of Azure managed disks is now available across ALL regions.
- New unified alert management with prioritised views of critical alerts and customisation for users to receive the alerts exactly when needed for critical operations.
- New impact analysis capability to mitigate risk to an organisation’s protected and unprotected environment for on-premises or cloud.
- New resource planning view of Unprotected VM’s for better insight into an organisations’ unprotected VMs.
- Additional features to automate and streamline the processes for failover and configuration in the public cloud with automated OS configuration, automatic failback configuration and more.
Additionally, Zerto 8.0 replaces traditional snapshot-based backup with low RPO journal-based ‘operational recovery’, enabling enterprises to perform day-to-day granular recovery quickly.