Ipswitch launches ‘Ipswitch Failover’ solution for managed file transfer
- Published: Thursday, 24 September 2015 08:50
Ipswitch has announced the release of Ipswitch Failover, a new MOVEit Managed File Transfer module that delivers zero data loss, no single point of failure and maximised availability through fast failover. Ipswitch Failover enables IT teams to provide highly available continuous file transfer operations and safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance with a simplified, easy to implement solution.
With Ipswitch Failover, businesses can:
- Ensure high availability continuous file transfers for 24x7 operations: Maximise file transfer success of business critical and sensitive data. Failover within a single data center / centre or to remote disaster recovery site within seconds or minutes. Predictive and automated rules-based failover ensures continuous operations.
- Safeguard against data loss for regulatory and policy compliance: Heartbeat communication between primary and failover servers allows for zero data loss in the event of failure. No single point of failure delivers 24x7 operations for MOVEit File Transfer (DMZ) and MOVEit Central servers.
- Quickly implement simplified, yet advanced failover: Implement failover in as little as an hour for local failover. No additional hardware and software for load balancing is required.
Key features of Ipswitch Failover:
- Real-time replication of data to a ‘hot-standby' failover server to ensure file transfer services are always available;
- Failover rules monitor performance metrics on production servers and can perform switchover to a ‘hot-standby' before downtime;
- Automated failover with recovery time objectives (RTO) of less than a minute and recovery point objectives (RPO) of seconds;
- No single point of failure nor load balancing hardware or software required;
- Automatically monitor MOVEit File Transfer Server (DMZ) and MOVEit Central application health in real-time to identify and fix problems before they result in downtime;
- Site-to-site (or on-site) failover to keep businesses running 24x7.