NAKIVO Backup & Replication expands ransomware and Microsoft 365 protection
- Published: Wednesday, 27 January 2021 10:15
NAKIVO has launches v10.2 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication. The latest release expands the scope of Microsoft 365 data protection with support for SharePoint Online, adds ransomware protection for backups with Amazon S3 Object Lock Support and introduces Tenant Resource Allocation.
With the skyrocketing adoption of Microsoft 365, cyber criminals are increasingly exploiting data in the cloud for financial gain. In addition to cyber threats, Microsoft 365 data faces other data loss threats like accidental data deletion and retention policy gaps. To help companies address SaaS data protection issues, NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides comprehensive data protection and recovery for Microsoft 365 data with support for Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business. The latest 10.2 version adds another layer of protection for Microsoft 365 users with support for SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online Backup allows companies using Microsoft 365 to:
- Back up SharePoint Online sites and subsites.
- Recover document libraries and lists to the original or a different location.
- Use the search functionality to locate and recover items quickly for compliance and e-discovery purposes.
Ransomware-proof backups with Amazon S3 Object Lock
After introducing Backup to Amazon S3 in 2020, NAKIVO adds support for Amazon S3 Object Lock in v10.2 to help businesses mitigate the threat of ransomware to their backups and backup copies. The Amazon S3 Object Lock functionality uses the write-once-read-many (WORM) model meant to ensure that objects are immutable for as long as required. Once set, the retention period cannot be shortened or disabled, not even by the root user.
Amazon S3 Object Lock support allows companies to:
- Protect their backups stored in Amazon S3 from overwriting and deletion.
- Set retention periods to keep objects immutable for as long as you need.
- Protect their backup data against ransomware and meet compliance requirements.
Tenant resource allocation
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.2 offers more control and flexibility for managed service providers (MSPs) and large enterprises using the multi-tenant mode. The new Tenant Resource Allocation feature provides an effective means of allocating data protection infrastructure resources to tenants. Administrators can assign hosts, clusters, VMs, Backup Repositories and Transporters to the tenants.